Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Black Bean and Butternut Squash Burritos

This is good, and it makes a lot! It is another recipe I got from the "Oh She Glows" web site.
Get the recipe here:
Black Bean and Butternut Squash
I would suggest that you cook the squash on another night. You really don't need a whole squash, and if you cook it on another night you can have squash with ...perhaps your pork chops. Then you have one less step when you prepare the burritos.
This picture doesn't do it justice, but the smell of this in the kitchen was great!
I tried the recipe as it is and used the cayenne pepper. However, the next time I will use jalapenos or maybe an ancho chili pepper. Also, the recipe calls for brown rice. I didn't have any so I used a wild rice mix. It was a brown rice and wild rice mix. I would use that again.
A must is avocado served with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment