Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lemon Rice Indian Style

Got your glass of wine? Got your music going?
Have you watched Today's Special?
Cook one cup of rice. I always put a bit of olive oil in the rice I am cooking.
In a small skittle add olive oil and spices. I do this to make a paste. Be careful not to overdo the spices, this will make your rice taste somewhat grainy. Plus, these spices carry a big punch. 
Spices to add: red chili powder or achar masala (how much depends on how much heat you want to your rice), curry (1/8th to 1/4 tsp - I'm still playing with this amount myself - just don't overdo), a pinch of turmeric, maybe a titch of garam masala.
Add this to the rice with the juice of 1/2 to a full lemon.
You can also add peanuts or roasted and salted pumpkin seeds. I just happened to have those left over from the last dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment